September 19, 2010

Red Rock Relay!

Red Rock Relay--So fun! We ran 186 miles from Brian Head to Zions National Park. We had 11 people (1 short, long story) and 2 cars aka vans. This was our car and our team name!
I was the last runner in our van. This was my first leg, 5.8 miles, I thought I was going to die here. Isn't Bre cute?! What a good friend! I just ran up this HUGE hill, the van pulled over and she ran out to get me some water and a good pep talk! I love her!

This is our van at the starting line!

The girls being sweet! haha! So of course there is a story with this post...So I just have to start by clarifying to those that don't know that I need 8 hours sleep every night and regular food intake or I die. So I had no sleep at all. My last leg was down Snow Canyon, the van couldn't come down it with me because it was before 6 AM. So I ran down it scared to death, I was on this creepy trail by myself for 5 miles. I got back in the van and I was so relieved. Then we started driving following the next runner and I just started feeling sooo sick. I was freezing, nauseous, and dying. I sat up and everyone looks at me and says "Wow you don't look good, you look really pale." I just started crying!! (I started my period the next day TMI I know) But the point of this is I don't have any pictures of all of the team at the end because Adam came and picked me up in Washington County. :( sad. But I am alive and my team did so good! I really did love it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I probably would have cried too! You are so sweet! So is this the Ragnar but for southern utah? You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! Thanks for checking out my Blog-SugarFoot Designs! You have very cute personal Blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I would have been freaking out!!!! haha and I was cracking up that you mentioned starting you period! Umm can I be invited to do this next year?! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Followers